Twitter Feed

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My First Wedding Job!

Well, I survived my first wedding photography job. It really was an experience. My friends Ryan and Sarah were married last Saturday. The night before, I went to the rehersal to check out the church, get a feel for how the service was going to run, etc. I tried really hard to "be" a wedding photographer, taking test shots only of traditional-type pictures. The church was small, the lighting was poor, I had to take almost all my pictures using a speedlight.

The pictures sucked. I discovered I'm not a wedding photographer! But what was I going to do? They were counting on me to take their pictures. Then I remembered something Sarah said when she hired me - she loved my particular style & that's why she wanted me to be their photographer.

I just had to be me! When I arrived at the church the next morning, I felt free. I had fun throughout the day. It was a ton of work & I definitely earned every dollar I was being paid.

I'm definitely not looking for a career change, but I've discovered that my key to photographing weddings is to stay true to myself. I love capturing life, and that's what I did last Saturday. Thanks, Ryan and Sarah, for letting me share your special day with you!

No comments: