Twitter Feed

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gear Review: Rail Riders Weather Pants

It's been a while since my last gear review, and I've had a chance to really put these through the ringer, so here it goes...

Ok, to be honest, I used to throw away their catalog (dumb mailing lists!) I mean, c'mon, the "toughest clothes on the planet?" Limited selection of products, kinda pricey, etc. Well, after trying some of their stuff over the past couple years, I'm a fan.

And now for the review. I bought my first pair of Weather Pants last fall. At $80 retail, I had to think of them not as your general, run of the mill pants, but as a piece of gear. As the temperature began to drop here in Wisconsin, I started layering underneath them, using them as a shell pant.

First of all, they're built like a tank, but surprisingly light weight & nice technical features. You can wear these year round. The nylon dries quickly if they get wet, plus the butt & knees are reinforced with a heavier nylon. As an added bonus, they look nice enough that you can teach a college lecture or two in them & not look like you're just in from the backcountry.

Buy 'em with confidence, and don't let the sticker price fool ya. They're a true workhorse, extremely versatile & worth every penny (plus, as of the day of this post, they're still on sale for $39.50 at www.railriders.com.)

No comments: