Twitter Feed

Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Last" day of summer

Sitting in my office this morning, working on my extensive to do list, I'm watching campers from the final week of youth camp leaving with their parents. Where did the time go? Summer camp is OVER!

Unbelievable.

Starting tomorrow, a week of Urban Camp, followed by WAFS "Burn Camp," and then we start training the 2010-11 class of LCM interns for our fall outdoor ed season.

It's a slippery slope - was that a snowflake I saw?

Time's slipping by so fast! In 3 weeks I'll be moving into my first house. How'd that happen? A couple weeks ago, Jen & I tossed out the "what if" concerning home ownership...less than two weeks later we've already got an accepted offer & have a closing at the end of the month.

Ever want to call a cosmic "time out?" Seriously, if God could answer Joshua's request to stop the sun over Gibeon (Jos 10:12), He can give me an extra week in here somewhere. Lord?

Ok, not that God couldn't pull that off again, but I have to admit that my circumstances, though seemingly frantic from my vantage point, are probably not exceptional enough to warrant a divine pause. So, what is this teaching me?

Love God, treasure my family, and live for today, resting in the knowledge that my steps are ordered by Him and not to lose sleep over tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm excited that you are going to have a house to paint and take care of. I pray that you will be able to enjoy it for many years. Please say Hi to your wife for me.

~jess wentz