Twitter Feed

Saturday, December 2, 2006

The snow's here (and turkeys, too!)

Well, we got our first snowfall of the year, and it was a doozy! Almost 10 inches of snoww fell overnight, so Jen got to stay home from school due to cancelled classes. On one hand, camp looks beautiful covered in this thick white blanket...but it needs to get moved to our guests can come & go. Lots of shoveling, snowblowing, plowing, etc. As I was working on shoveling our driveway & excavating my truck, I heard some turkeys calling. I remember thinking as I tossed another shovelful of snow on the pile, "those sound really close."
I looked up & saw the source of the sounds - a male & female turkey no more than 30 feet away hanging around the nearby parking lot. I grabbed my camera & was able to get within 10 feet of them at times for some nice shots.


No comments: