Twitter Feed

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The blizzard is a comin'

That's right, campers. The strongest snow storm in as long as I can remember is arriving today. We already got the first 4 inches last night in what may end up being over 20 inches by Monday.

Nice. You know it's serious when the National Weather Service says things like, "If you leave the safety of indoors, you are putting your life at risk."

The fun part will be tonight, all snug & warm indoors at 2am, when my fire pager goes off for someone in a ditch who thought they could handle the roads.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Well, my pager didn't go off at 2am for a car accident...it DID go off at 4:30am for a fully involved structure fire in East Troy. My friend Matt and I made a good effort, making it 50 yards past camp's entrance before getting stuck, resulting in a long, cold walk back home. What a mess!