Twitter Feed

Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's here!

It's 12:15am and I just got out of all my extreme weather gear. Now, what were you doing outside in a blizzard at such a late hour you might ask...

Well, this afternoon while belaying at the climbing tower, I got the idea to try climbing in a blizzard at 11pm, using headlamps for light. Never tried climbing in a blizzard before...

Got out to the tower a little before 11pm to wait for the other adventuresome folks who were going to join me. As I waited, I noticed a really faint flash. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. After all, I was standing in a field with 40mph wind gusts blowing sleet into my eyes. A few minutes later there was another bright flash, as bright as a camera flash followed by the unmistakable rumble of thunder. That officially shut down our adventure for the evening.

Oh well, maybe next time!

No comments: