Twitter Feed

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The post I thought I'd never write

I still can't believe I'm about to write this. My mom's supposed to read this, keeping up on the latest Olivia news, and email me back from her work address. She always liked showing coworkers the latest photo or video of her little Ollie.

Mom passed away unexpectedly in her sleep on Tuesday, December 9th.

I had the extra blessing recently of 4 months with mom as a house guest. God was working things out in my parent's marriage & our guest room here at camp was her sanctuary. She told me, just before Thanksgiving as I helped her load her belongings in her car for the trip home, that words couldn't describe her gratefulness for us opening our home during this time.

I'll especially remember her morning ritual...when I'd get Olivia up & put her on the floor, the pitter patter of her feet was mom's cue to come upstairs for breakfast. Mom & Olivia would share the berries from their cereal. They loved each other so much. Olivia would just squeal & run into my mom's arms...mom always said that was the best part. God's healing touch in the arms of a toddler.

I would give anything to hear her footsteps coming up the stairs once more.

I love you, mom!




3 comments:

Eric Wentz said...

Jen,
You are in my prayers. May you receive strength from the Lord during the coming weeks and months. Feel free to call if you need anything.

Eric Wentz said...

Dave,
I thought I was reading Jen's blog. You are in my prayers too. May God give you grace to make it through the holidays.

Unknown said...

I miss her so much.
I know it sounds silly but I sent her an e-mail tonight at her work address. She and I used to e-mail back and forth from that address. I just needed to tell her that I loved her and missed her. Her e-mail address still works.