Twitter Feed

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Louis Vincent Albano - 1933-2009


I'm both sad & smiling as I write this, especially considering the substantial amount of time since my last full post. Who would've though that "Captain" Lou Albano would break my writing drought.

Those of you familiar with professional wrestling, especially the years that I followed it (mid to late 1980's) are probably nodding in silent tribute to "Captain" Lou. I still have pictures I took in 1987 of matches that took place in Milwaukee that dad took us to - Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, the British Bulldogs, etc. As I reminisce, what exactly was Lou captain of, and how did he get those rubber bands to stick to his face?

I think what makes me sad today is that I know that my dad would've called me right away. I can almost hear the voicemail he would've left..."Hey Dave, did you hear about Captain Lou?"


No comments: