Twitter Feed

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Love My Job

Last night I went for a late night hike around Timber-lee with a couple friends. After almost 3 miles, we found ourselves standing on the ice on Peters Lake, looking at deer tracks with the help of our headlamps. As we stood under the stars, listening to owls hooting in the distance, I was struck by the fact that...we were at work! For people who love the outdoors, camp ministry is the best! I think it's our love of the camp environment that gives us the ability to face the trying times that come our way from time to time. The morning "commute" starts by coming face to face with a couple wild turkeys outside my front door. A stressful day in the office can be followed by a sunset kayak trip.

I think it's a riot that all this started when I was "pressured" to go backpacking in the White Mountains, NH while I was in Bible school. Thanks, Ryan, for your persistence.

The Elim Mountain Club rocks!

No comments: