Twitter Feed

Monday, November 20, 2006

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Premier

Last night was the premier of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition featuring the Koepke family of Dundee, WI. To show their appreciation, Monarch Homes hosted a dinner & showing of the episode at our church, Fox River Christian Church. It was a lot of fun getting to watch it alongside the folks I worked with over so many long (and cold) hours.

I was a little disappointed when I didn't see any of the pictures I took on ABC's website, but after looking at previous show galleries, I could see why. All of the pictures seemed to focus on the building itself, or interior rooms, exterior features, etc. One element was curiously missing - LIFE! I think I've figured out my photographic style...I capture life, the feelings, emotions, transporting my audience into the pictures.

That's why I take pictures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is great that you got to work with the crew and take pictures. I would love to see some of them. My experience with a local Extreme Makeover was quite the opposite of yours. It wasn't in my town, but it was in a fellow southern Indiana town, and that made it close enough for me.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition finally came to Indiana for their latest episode! To top off my excitement and expectations of the episode the woman who they were doing the build for worked for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I have been a active participant for the last 8 years. I was so proud of the recognition the Relay was going to get.
The story was great and very touching, but they left the house out of the show. The entire house was built during one commercial break ... the first one! We went to commercial after they tore down the house, when we got back from the commercial, they were putting the last of the siding on the house. I enjoyed the story, but I also like to see the building of the house.
-Cylence
-http://cylenced.blogspot.com

Dave said...

You're right, it does move SO FAST on TV. The scene where the family gets into the limo, lasting only seconds on TV took almost 2 hours to film! I was a photographer on Days 1-3 and for the reveal on Day 7. My official job was to capture Monarch Home's involvement in the project.

It'd be nice to run in a 2 hour block & show more of the WORK that goes into a project like that.

Besides that, it was a fantastic experience I'll never forget. There was such a feeling of purpose on the set, whether you were cast, crew, workers, photographers, etc, we were all united in delivering this gift to the Koepkes.

You can see a lot more project photos on Monarch Home's show website, www.extrememakeoverwisconsin.com. My shots make up a lot of Day 1 (shots #18-end), all of Days 2&3, plus a lot of Day 8 (shots #5-end).