Twitter Feed

Friday, November 17, 2006

He Is Enough!

I was walking home yesterday around sunset, just being quiet before God, when I found myself overcome with gratitude. As I reflect on it today, I'm aware of how easy it is to regard our times with Him as "[Insert Name]'s Request Hour." But, if you really think about it, He's already done enough for us. Jesus' sacrifice alone overshadows anything else we could ask for, but just think of all the additional instances in our lives God has moved on our behalf - the answered prayers, the healings, unexpected blessings, etc.

Does that mean we shouldn't ask for anything? Of course not! However, is your focus on the Blessor or the blessing? As I brought my needs before Him last night, I was reminded of His faithfullness, His mercy, of the many different ways God has shown His love toward me in the past. When I finished, I could think of only one more thing to say:

"You've been so good to me. You could do nothing more for me & it would still be enough. I love you."


No comments: