Twitter Feed

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hittin' the books (again!)

Well, it looks like it's official. I'm heading to school again. My last bits of info are en route to Beacon University in Columbus, GA, where I'll be working towards a BA in Organizational Leadership & Management. It's a distance learning program, taken online. I'm both excited & a bit nervous. It's been awhile since I've played the part of student.

Jen & I both think it's a good idea. Educationally, it'll give me more options down the road. My Elim education, though invaluable in preparing me for full time ministry, isn't exactly the kind of preparation desired by some of the grad schools I'm looking into. Trying to get into a MA in Adventure Education or Recreation Management program is a little tough with a Bible school diploma.

God has given me some awesome opportunities over my 10 years in this field. I direct an adventure education program that serves over 30,000 participants annually. I've lectured on numerous occasions at different universities. I'm beginning my second term on the Board of Directors of the Professional Ropes Course Association. I look forward to the doors God can open in the future with a stronger academic background in this field.

No comments: