Twitter Feed

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hattie's here!

Hattie Leona Prowitz joined us at 4:25pm on Wednesday, May 6th. Eight pounds, 11 ounces, 20 inches long, with thick & curly dark hair. It's amazing to have another little one in our family. Jen's recovering well, and Hattie is doing alright. Seems like she's trying to outdo her older sister...an overachiever if you will...

...she cried SO hard when she was born that she gave herself an air bubble trapped between her lungs & chest wall. Evidently this happens sometimes, and they're treating her with moist oxygen & letting her body absorb the bubble. It sucks to see my little one with an IV & wires hanging off of her (it looks much worse than it actually is), but hopefully it will resolve itself in the next 24-48 hours. Oh, how I wish I could take all the pokes & prods for my little one!

It makes me appreciate even more, especially in light of the recent passing of both of my parents (my dad just 2 weeks before Hattie's birthday), how precious life is & how each day we have with those we love is a gift of God.

As joyful this time is, however, it just isn't the same without being able to share Hattie's arrival with my mom & dad. The first of many "firsts" without my folks. I miss 'em so much!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

She looks like a picture of Dan I saw of him as a newborn. Cute! :)