Twitter Feed

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Switched to Mac

I did it...after many years of wanting to try a Mac, I took the plunge yesterday & bought a 2.4ghz MacBook.

Nice.

After being a die hard Windows user for so many years, I'm surprised how easy it is to make the transition. I still haven't figured out all the nooks & crannies of Mac OSX yet, but it's pretty intuitive.

I'm also liking how well the MacBook is built. It's definitely not in the same league as the $599 deals from Walmart, or even some of the $1000+ models out there. In a word, it's solid. I got the aluminum 13" model, whose body is machined from a single block of metal. The fit & finish is remarkable - no creaks when you pick it up, the display is glass, not plastic.

Yup, definitely liking it!

2 comments:

Ian F said...

Nice.

Dave said...

Yeah, I'm amazed I didn't make the switch sooner. The unibody MacBook is a nice machine. I feel more like I'm using a tool vs a computer. Fewer steps to make it do what I want it to, and it runs MUCH faster than my Vista machine w/ 4 gigs of RAM...the Mac's got 2 gigs.